Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I contemplated a bit on what to write; and then a little more on what the name of the post should be but figured that when I have a random post after a hectic week it’s better to be general than specific. So here comes my first nameless post, so to say.

For starters, I was very wrong in my previous post. I wasn’t going to get away with a lighter week at work. I must accept though that the work was lighter. It seems almost ridiculous that you end up doing reports and more reports for the work you’ve done; almost taking up a big share of the time you spend at doing the actual work itself. You need it though to convince the big bosses about how good you are at your work lest they don’t feel the need of you being there! There is a tendency to overplay, rant and display credentials of yours which actually make you feel stupid. And, you don’t even know if your audience is keen on picking the nuances you want to convey. But then you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do (even though it sounds very cliché). That summarized the week for me – there was a presentation which hogged most of my week; and a promise of more to come in the coming week. Have to go now. More later.

No comments: